Can you believe it has been a year?
Take a look at our first year of marriage! I made this book for Randy for our anniversary.
You'll love Shutterflys award-winning photo books. Try it today.
or click the link here: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcMmjZo4cOWrkQ
Randy with the book I made
Randy got me some nice gifts too. He got me some beautiful roses that I found on the counter first thing when I got up in the morning. He also got me a cute ring!
Our anniversary was Conference Sunday, so that morning we watched conference with my mom's side of the family. We had the traditional cracker&cheese and caramel apples in between sessions. Then we celebrated my little brother's birthday (yep, same day as our anniversary).
My hand is blurred, but other than that it's a cute pic
Sister Rachel
My sister Victoria was in town from SUU! I was so happy to see her!
Anniversary Couple and Birthday Boy
After the first session, we left to celebrate our anniversary on our own. One of our favorite restaurants to eat at is Biaggi's, but since our anniversary fell on a Sunday I made our own "Biaggi's" dinner. I made a low fat Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe I found on Pinterest and also made a low fat alfredo sauce for the noodles (like they do at Biaggi's) that I found on my sister-in-law Liana's blog. I also got some garlic breadsticks and made the olive oil parmesan dip for them. It turned out AMAZING. I was so proud of this dinner. Probably the best thing I've ever made. (I will give Randy credit for helping me with a few things to speed it up- including mincing the garlic and stirring the alfredo while I worked on getting the spaghetti and chicken done.) I'm pretty new to cooking and I don't have much time to do it with my busy schedule, but man did this make me want to start cooking more! Needless to say, we both ate a ton!
We also followed the tradition and got out our wedding cake on our one year anniversary!
ONE YEAR AGO...
A FEW DAYS AGO...
Our real dessert (Randy also got me an oreo caramel apple... He just got all sorts of presents!)
We also watched the movie "Failure to Launch" (which was pretty funny) and started "Love, Wedding, Marriage" but turned that off after a bit because it was a dumb movie so we changed it to our current TV show, "Arrested Development". But overall we had a very good time spending our anniversary in our own home. It was nice to just relax and enjoy spending time with each other!
Still in love :)
You can see Koko in the background in her jacket, so cute right? Oh, and we are too ;)
We also took Monday, October 8 off work so we could sleep in and also go out and celebrate since our real anniversary was a Sunday. We planned to go to the zoo with some free tickets that Randy got from his work and then go to the play "Wicked-ER" at Desert Star Playhouse. But, as it turns out, I wasn't feeling too good in the morning. I thought I could tough it out and it would go away. So we headed to the zoo. On the way, I started feeling terrible. We stopped at his dad's office to see if I was okay but I wasn't feeling well. So Randy said he would just sign the paperwork he was going to sign at his office on the way to the zoo and we could go home. So we did that. Then as we were heading back on Foothill in the right lane, an SUV in the far left lane decided to make an illegal U-Turn and cut into the middle lane, so the car in that lane swerved into our lane and we hit them. Talk about the last thing I wanted to happen when we were feeling sick! But everyone was okay. The other car had hardly any damage, but Randy's bumper is pretty scraped up now. Luckily we won't have to pay too much because we have awesome car insurance thanks to Randy's dad. But, still, not how we were planning to celebrate!
We went home to relax for a bit so I could start feeling better. I started to feel better after a while and just enjoyed relaxing and watching shows with Randy. We decided to check out the new gym- Crossroads Fitness that opened near our house that I'd been wanting to go to. Turns out it was even nicer than I thought! I joined and I am so excited! In fact, YOU should join too! ;) If I get five people to join then I get a year for free. I need to find four people to join and then Randy will join and be the fifth if I find four people. So please join! I want work out buddies! :)
After that, we went to the play at Desert Star. It was a cute show! Really cheesy like they always are, but a lot of fun! We also got drinks and a brownie sundae to share. Yum! I forgot the camera, and I tried to use my phone to take a picture of us but it wasn't working so well at the moment. So this is the only picture I got:
Not so good picture... Us at intermission
Overall, it was a mostly fun and definitely eventful weekend! But most importantly I was happy to have Randy by my side the whole time. He is my best friend, my love, and my eternal companion! I am so grateful to have him in my life. Our first anniversary was wonderful and I look forward for the many to come!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Please share your thoughts!