Saturday, October 13, 2012

Love Your Body 6K Run

Today I ran the Love Your Body 6K race at Thanksgiving Pointe with my sister-in-law Liana. She got me to register with her about a month and a half ago, so I started running a few times a week to prepare. I ran ALL the time in high school, but since then and before I registered I was mainly just doing Jillian Michaels and Zumba. (Since then I've started to vary my workouts more!) Randy also came down with me as well as my brother-in-law Russell and darling baby niece Keladry. It was so great to have them there to support us! I love my supportive hubby!

 Liana and I before the race! 

 This one is cute :) My jacket is super baggy because it is actually Randy's!


My number!


I had a workout playlist with all upbeat songs to help me get through the race. Some of my personal favorite songs that help me keep up my pace:

  • Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO
  • Gangum Style by Psy
  • I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas
  • (What Doesn't Kill You Makes You) Stronger  by Kelly Clarkson
  • Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5
  • Ghostbusters!
  • What Makes You Beautiful- One Direction (don't judge, you know you like it too!)
The route was quite nice. For part of the race, you were running through the Thanksgiving Pointe Gardens, which was pretty and a bit calming for me while I was running so heavily. By the end of the race, I was DYING. I literally did not want to run any more. I wanted to collapse. But I stuck with it and kept running and even sped up a little bit at the finish line. It felt so good to cross that finish line and being done with the race and feeling accomplished!

 Running towards the finish line

 Liana headed to the finish line


 Cooling down

 Liana, Keladry and I

Me holding Keladry

To my surprise, I also did WAY better than I thought I would! I got 5th place out of my age division (there were 69 20-29 year olds) and 33rd place overall (out of 294 women).

Look at fifth place! ;)

After the race we got some food at Denny's. It was fun spending time with Russ, Liana, and Keladry. I've been feeling SO good since I've started working out again! I'm very pleased with how I've been doing with diet and exercize. I've lost 3.2 pounds as of a few weeks ago, but I haven't weighed in for a bit. I've been nervous to with celebrating our anniversary :) But with my new gym membership and everything I have a feeling I'm going to continue to do well! I have LOVED my new gym so far. And counting calories is getting a bit easier. It's so great to feel like I am doing something good for myself and hopefully get in awesome shape while I'm at it!

2 comments:

  1. You did so well, Kelsey! Congratulations!!! I wish I could run that fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's definitely the fastest I've ran since high school.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!