Saturday, May 25, 2013

Springtime Adventures

It has been a while since I have updated the blog. We started planting our garden at the end of April. It has been doing fantastic! We have already eaten some strawberries, and there are a bunch out there right now that are ready to pick. It has been fun planting our own crops and learning what to do. This is our first time doing a garden, so right now we are just learning and not expecting too much. So far, we have planted strawberries, rhubarb, grapes, raspberries, blackberries, peas, beans, carrots, and watermelon (inside). 


Randy after planting as well as the first strawberry that came in!

The garden (first day, it is a LOT bigger now!)


 Randy also totally spoiled me for Mother's Day. He made me breakfast in bed both the day before Mother's day as well as Mother's day! He also got me a gift basket with lotion, body spray, etc. Also, instead of getting me a bouquet of roses that would die in a week, he took me to Lowe's and let me pick out some rose bushes and choose where I wanted them! They are by the front entry way leading up to our front door. They are absolutely gorgeous and smell wonderful!

 
Two beautiful rose bushes in our front yard




Our newest nephew, Graham Remington Sorenson, was born on March 8, 2013. Congrats to Remi and Mindy on their second child! He is adorable. Paxton is a cute big brother as well!

 Baby Graham... so cute!

We also went shooting earlier in May with Randy's long time friend and coworker Jake. It was a lot of fun! We finally used the ferris wheel target that I got Randy for Valentine's day. It was a lot of fun to shoot!  Randy beat me in shooting this time, which he was happy about because he wasn't too pleased when I out-shot him last year ;)


Randy and I practicing our shooting skills



Ferris wheel target


 My sister Victoria and I did a 5K on the 18th. Unfortunately, I woke up with a cold that the rest of my family had been having. I took lots of vitamin C that morning but it was still terrible during the race. My nose was running like a faucet and I felt miserable the whole time! The rain probably didn't help the cold either. It was a shame because I ran longer distances several times during that week (and the next week once I felt better) and felt amazing. Even with the cold we both finished in under 30 minutes! Tori came in at around 28 and I came in at around 29. So we both did fantastic! The picture below shows the two of us before the race. Afterwards, we both decided to wear our race T-shirts after cleaning up after the race, which is pictured to the right!


Ready to run!

I also just registered for my first triathlon (called TriathaMOM) in August. It is a sprint triathalon, which consists of a 300m swim, followed by a 12 mile bike ride, then a 5K run. The nice thing about this one it is it is supposed to be a non-competitive event and everyone goes at their own pace. However, I still am starting to train because I want to do my best! I am riding my sister's bike (she is letting me take it over while she is on her mission) and running. We also just got a round above-ground pool for an AMAZING deal on KSL. It is a 15 feet in diameter and 4 feet deep. We made a harness so you can swim in place, so I will be able to do a lot of the swimming training in my own back yard, which will be nice! (I am also just excited to be able to have a pool to relax in as well ;) ) I also have access to the lap pools at the University, and I will probably go to the Olympic pool in Kearns where the event is held a few times to practice as well. I am super excited to do this race with my sister in law, Liana!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I'm jealous of your garden, it looks like you'll have a lot of great things growing in the next few months. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!