Sunday, August 19, 2012

Home Sweet Home: The Long- Awaited House Update

I know, I know. I promised you all MONTHS ago I would post pictures of our house since we moved in during the middle of May. Which was... let's see... three months ago. I don't really have a good excuse as to why I haven't posted them yet, but at least I'm doing it now :) Thanks for patiently waiting! Here it is, finally! I will just be putting some pictures of some of the updates we have done to the house. If you want a full tour, refer to my last house post here. 


Here is what our bedroom looks like before and after:


Our Bedroom- Before (This is the previous owner's stuff)


After- We painted the walls and it looks very nice! This picture doesn't get the color quite right. It looks awesome!

Bathroom, before and after:


Before we moved in

After- Hawaiian Theme 

 Randy made the bamboo frame around the mirror. We get a lot of compliments on it!

 These towels were a gift from our wedding :)

We got the palm tree hook during our honeymoon in Hawaii as well as some of the other decorations :)

Our living room/ Family room

The chess board Randy made is now hanging on the wall in our kitchen

We painted the fan so it isn't the awful brass color anymore. Now it looks nice!

Randy built these gates that can be rolled out between the kitchen and living room so we can keep Koko either in the kitchen or outside while we are gone. 

Our house came with a dishwasher, but it didn't take very long to figure out it made our dishes look even WORSE than when we put them in! We later found out it was over 10 years old and the very base model and lowest brand. So, dishwasher shopping we went! This is what we got...

Our new dishwasher!

It is a Blomberg, which is a higher end brand (similar to Bosch) and it is a very nice dishwasher so far! It has a stainless steel interior and gets up to 170 degrees so it can clean even the dirtiest dishes. The racks can move around and the silverware tray can go anywhere on the bottom shelf, which is really nice for organizing the dishes. We have loved it so far! Check out how nice it looks inside...

Stainless steel interior

Another problem we had in the kitchen was that there isn't a lot of cabinet space and there isn't a pantry, so I didn't know where we could keep all of the nice kitchen stuff we were given for our wedding! Luckily my hubby is a handyman, and he turned his old armour into a cabinet/pantry for me! He put in all of the shelves and everything. Look how neat it is!

Armour

Now it is cabinet and pantry space!

We put this awesome light up in our kitchen above the sink.

This is a light in our hallway. When we moved in it was dirty and brass. We cleaned it and painted it and now it looks like new!

Randy in his office a.k.a. his "man cave" ;) He can be found playing Diablo III in there quite often!

I also realized I didn't have any pictures of our backyard in our last post! So here is our backyard :)

 View from the right side of the deck
 View from the left side of the deck

Our swing set! The previous owner's little girl broke the slide the day before we moved in, but they ordered us a new one! I thought that was very nice and classy of them. We still need to put it up, though.

They also left this porch swing for us in the backyard. We need to bring our other one over as well!

So, there you have it! This is our new home! We love our new house, neighborhood, and ward. I'm so glad we found this wonderful house! :)



1 comment:

Please share your thoughts!