As many of you may (or may not) know, my husband is VERY talented at wood working! He always has a project he is working on, and it is a very useful hobby because he makes a lot of our own furniture and decorations!
Here are some examples of his talent from his previous projects....
 |
| Surf Board Tables |
Randy and his friend Devin used to build these and sell them as their own business, but then Randy got too busy working full-time for the hospital. I sure love these tables, though!
 |
| Porch Swing (and yes that is my fingerprint... oops!) |
I absolutely LOVE this porch swing. Randy made it last year during late Spring/ early Summer and I enjoyed coming over and sitting on it with him while we were engaged :) I'm happy that the weather is starting to warm up so we can start using it again!
 |
| Surfboard Shelf- looks great on our wall! |
 |
| Bamboo Cabinet |
When we got married, there wasn't enough room in the cabinet above the sink for ALL of my stuff, so he made this so we have a little more storage space :)
 |
| Laundry Basket |
We also needed another laundry basket since there is so much more laundry now with the two of us!
AND his latest finished project... the chess board!
 |
| Framed Upright Chess Board |
He just saw a picture of this online and made it himself. It is a chess board that hangs up on the wall. You can actually play chess on it! It is a really nice decoration as well. I don't know how he can just look at something and be able to make it! It is so impressive.
His current project is fixing up a rocking chair we found at the D.I. It is a very nice chair, but it had some tacky designs on it and had some normal wear and tear. Randy is fixing up the chair and personalizing it a bit! Check out his work so far...
 |
| The original chair |
 |
| Sanded and stained the top part, personalized |
 |
| Taking it apart! |
 |
| Randy sanding the arm rests before staining them (he also sanded the seat) |
 |
| The bottom half of the chair, sanded and stained. |
 |
| Spray Painting! |
 |
| Almost done! Front view |
 |
| Side view |
I think it looks great! As you can see, the chair is nearly done. He just has to nail it back together (it might fall apart if anyone tried to sit on it right now!) and put the final coat of polyurethane on it. I just love how amazing and talented Randy is. It's fun and exciting to see these projects come together step-by-step. Randy is such a hard worker and he loves what he does! I can't wait to see what he makes next! :)
Love the rocking Chair that looks Great :D
ReplyDelete