Thursday, October 20, 2011

Well it's official... We're MARRIED! :)

First off, I'm new to this whole "blogging" thing, so I'm not sure how all of this works and what I'm supposed to say. This is my first real post so bear with me ;)

Now it's official... Randy and I got married a couple weeks ago on October 7, 2011. Our wedding ceremony was held at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was a beautiful ceremony. Our sealer gave us great advice on how to have a strong marriage by keeping the covenants we have made in the temple. I can honestly say I got really emotional during the ceremony. I was so happy! It was an amazing experience I will never forget.



After the ceremony (and after Randy and I got ready) we took pictures outside of the temple. It was so neat walking out of the temple and seeing so many of our family members and friends there supporting us. It was raining a little outside and it was very cold but it didn't bother me too much since I was on cloud nine :) I was just happy that we were able to take the pictures on our wedding day... The weather had been looking bad for days so I was worried that we wouldn't be able to! But it all worked out and I am so excited to see how they turned out!

After the ceremony we had a luncheon at Olive Garden, my favorite restaurant. It was delicious (as always) and everyone who was at the temple was there.

Our reception was held at The Woods on Ninth in Midvale. It is an absolutely beautiful reception hall. It has a gorgeous back patio with a gazebo and a bridge. It had elegant staircases and it was two stories. Another great thing about having the reception there was the catering. The food was delectable! I enjoyed having our reception there. A lot of people came to celebrate with us. It was great to see family and friends I hadn't seen in a while come out and support us on our wedding day. Thanks to everyone who came!

I will post our wedding pics as soon as I get them back! I am also going to post some of our pictures from our honeymoon in Hawaii but we still have to go through them all. We took over 500 pictures.... Can you believe that?! :) It was a great trip!

Our wedding day was a great day and it has been an amazing two weeks (almost!) of marriage so far! Thanks so much to everyone who helped us out with getting our wedding ready and/or came out to support us. I love Randy so much and I am so lucky to be sealed to him for all of eternity :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I love your blog - and your wedding reception was so sweet. :)

    Be sure to visit me at my blog:
    call-me-irresponsible.blogspot.com

    <3 alyssa kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alyssa! I followed your blog so feel free to follow ours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!