Monday, May 21, 2012

Puppies will be Puppies

I just want to share this story that happened while we were moving. Looking back on it now, it is kind of funny, although at the moment it definitely wasn't. It's one of THOSE stories!

Randy and his dad were moving some stuff out of his parent's basement onto the trailer. I couldn't help much at the moment because I was feeling awful. I had stomach flu on our moving day. Lovely timing, right? (That's sarcasm if you didn't catch it.) The whole time the door had been open. Then Randy asked me, "Where's Koko?" (If you haven't kept up with our blog, Koko is our new puppy!) I realized that I had no idea where she was either. We searched the entire house several times and could not find her. After a half hour I started getting nervous. We began searching the neighborhood for Koko. I called my friend Mandy who lives in the same neighborhood to help us look for her. (Meanwhile my friend Melissa brought Sprite and crackers to the house to make me feel better- I have such great friends!) After searching for about an hour, I was nervous that we wouldn't be able to find her. We hadn't gotten her a dog tag yet so even if  someone did find her, they wouldn't know who she belonged to. So I made some fliers and we put them on all of the mailboxes in the entire neighborhood (They are the mailboxes where a bunch of people go to the same mailbox). Here is the flier:


After putting them around the neighborhood and searching a little more, we decided we needed to start moving again. We had so much to do. We just hoped someone would find her, see the flier, and call us. It had been a total of over two hours from our moving day that we spent looking for our little puppy. I went downstairs to grab something, and guess who came walking out of our bedroom (which we had BOTH checked multiple times)? That's right... Koko!  She came out with a giant stretch and a big yawn. I was relieved that she was there but also a bit irked that we had spent hours looking for her when we should have been moving (not to mention that I was sick). I'm assuming she had been sleeping the whole time under our dresser or something because she loves going under there! I had checked under there but I couldn't reach all the way, so I easily could have missed her. Silly puppy! So the next day we made sure to buy her a dog tag with our contact info on the back in case she ever really does get lost. It's a girly dog tag with rhinestones which matches her collar perfectly!

Koko's collar and name tag

Anyways, now we are (mostly) moved in to our new house! It has been wonderful being in our own home for these first few days. We still have a lot of boxes to unpack and some decorations to put up. After we do that, I will put up some pictures! For now, here's a few cute new pictures of Koko for you to enjoy!

 Koko after a bath

 Sleepy Koko!

 Another sleepy picture

How can you resist that ADORABLE face?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!