Saturday, November 10, 2012

Playing "Catch Up"- Halloween, 21st birthday, etc! :)

It's been a while since I've updated the blog- and we have been up to lots of fun things! I figured it is about time to update. Friday, November 2, was my 21st birthday! It was a great day. I woke up to Rhode's cinnamon rolls that Randy made for me. Yum! Then I headed to my one class. I found out I got the highest grade on the midterm in the whole class! Then after class I went back home because I took the day off of work. Randy did as well. When I got home, Randy had presents ready for me! He gave me a cute card and a $25 TJ Maxx Gift Card. He also gave me this really nice clock. I had told him that I wanted a big clock to put up in our family room. When I opened it, it looked like this:


But he immediately got to work on personalizing it! A few days later it looked like this:


He is so dang talented. My sister-in-law Rachael helped by doing the vinyl numbers and letters with her Cricket! Thanks Rach! 

I also got an early birthday present for myself, which was these cute workout shoes:



So cute huh? Later that night, my dad took us to dinner at Olive Garden! It was delicious. I love Olive Garden! They also brought a present for me to open. It was....



 A clock!

They also brought a present from my Grandma and Grandpa J. 


I had told both my dad and Randy that I wanted a big clock for the wall! Luckily, we were able to find a spot for both of them and they both look great! After dinner, Randy and I went to see "Oliver!" at Hale Centre Theatre. It was a great show!



 I also got a gift card from my dad and birthday money from my in-laws and grandparents, so we used some of that money to go shopping the next day for some of  new curtains and decorations for the house! My mother-in-law helped sew the smaller ones for the kitchen. I also got wall decorations for the kitchen, curtains for the front room, and decorative pillows for the couch! I even have birthday money to spare if I find more stuff later!

 Kitchen- New curtains and wall decoration and clock from my dad

 Kitchen- New curtains and sign

Just a reminder for the hubby ;)

New curtains and pillows- I had just fixed them but then Koko messed them up again... sorry!

Fixed pillows, mixbooks on display :)

 Clock from Randy on the wall

On Sunday, we celebrated my birthday with my mom's side of the family. My mom made me one of my favorite dinners and I got to choose the desert. Each of the kids gave me a card and then my mom and Dan gave me some cute workout clothes for my present!

This is just one of the outfits- they got me another one that is white top and the pants have matching cuffs. Both are super cute! Now I will be even more motivated to go to the gym with these outfits and new shoes!

A few days before my birthday was Halloween. We went to the Crazy Corn Maze with Nik and Melissa, then out to dinner at Red Robin. It was a good time!

 Randy and I- the Angry Birds hats were our costumes!

 Nik and Melissa
Randy loves Zombies so I had to take a picture of him with this.

On Thursday, November 8, my sister Rachel came over and helped us rake leaves. She loves Spiderman and wanted the new movie, so we told her we would get it for her if she helped us. We have three GIANT cottonwood trees in our backyard, so our yard was COVERED. They were out there for quite a while while I was making dinner and they didn't get it all done, even with a leaf blower. Then it snowed yesterday So, I guess we didn't even need to bother! But that's okay!

 Our yard full of leaves

 Rachel raking 

 Randy with the leaf blower

 Rachel and Koko

Koko wanted her own picture, too. 

Well, I guess that's enough updating for now! Life is pretty crazy with school and work right now. Very stressed right now about a few things... But we won't get into that on here. Everything should work out, hopefully! And if you actually got this far, thanks for reading! This was a long post!



1 comment:

  1. Fun decorations! And holy leaves! Glad you had a fun birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!