Today was the Mandatory Orientation for all elementary education students who will be doing their student teaching this year. The students are divided into three cohorts, which are groups of students who will be teaching in the same district that are led by a cohort leader. One of the cohorts is led by a teacher who I had for my reading class last semester- and I just LOVED her. I was hoping I would get in her cohort. It also determines what district we will be in. As you can imagine, I was very nervous to go to this meeting because whatever I found out was going to be where I would spend my next year teaching and the people I would be doing it with! I honestly felt sick to my stomach this morning because I was so anxious! I showed up to the orientation with my friend Katelyn, and each of us had a name tag with a colored star on it. There were three different colors of stars, and we assumed they represented what cohort we were in. It turned out it was, and I immeiately found out my friends Katelyn and Aubrey, who I had been teaching with for the fine arts class this past semester, were in my cohort with me! And guess what? We were also with the cohort I wanted to be with! I was SO EXCITED. Katelyn, Aubrey and I were literally screaming like school girls, we were so excited. When I got to the room I saw other familiar faces as well. I was so excited to begin this journey with so many of my friends!
Aubrey, Katelyn and I after we found out about our cohorts!
We both had gold stars!
As we got further into the orientation, our cohort leader gave us folders which gave us information about the upcoming year- INCLUDING the SCHOOL we are going to be teaching at! We weren't expecting to find that out for over a month! My friends Katelyn and Whitney will also be teaching at the same school as me! She said two of us will be in fourth grade and two of us will be in sixth. I requested fourth along with Whitney and Katelyn and the other girl in our group requested 6th, so I'm assuming I will be in fourth grade! I am so excited I just can't contain it! I will be meeting the teacher I will be working with in just a few weeks. This all just seems so real to me now. I knew student teaching was bound to come, but now that I'm actually in a cohort and know the school I will be teaching at, it is finally starting to set in that this is really happening. I am nervous but also very excited! Wish me luck! :)
Caldwell Cohort 2014! WOO HOO! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please share your thoughts!