Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's About Time for an Update!

I always have a hard time blogging in the summertime. There is always so much going on, which means so much to blog about but little time to do it. Then I have a lot of catching up to do, and the thought of blogging all of it sounds daunting. So I put it off even more! Well, I got out of my student teaching training early today (yes, it's already here!), so I figured I would update.

This summer has been a great one, but very busy and lots of work! I finished up my last two summer courses that I had to do before beginning the cohort this Fall. I also worked at the advising office I'd been working at all year, but worked more hours this summer. Since they knew ahead of time I would be leaving, I also had the privilege to train my replacement, Anna, all summer. She was fun to work with and I know she is going to be a great advisor to take my place!

Randy and I have also been remodeling our kitchen with the help of some of our family members and friends. It is coming along great! We have been redoing EVERYTHING- floor, cabinets, countertop, sink, you name it. We are also adding a stone tile backsplash. It is coming along very well. The floor, cabinets, sink, and countertops are all in! We are now working on the backsplash and finishing touches- AND I have to get everything out of one of the spare rooms and back into the kitchen! When we are all done I will post before and after pictures. The difference is amazing!

A few big events since I last posted- in May my nephew Graham was born. He is ADORABLE! I just love him. My sister also left on her mission to Washington D.C., South in June. I miss her so much! But she is doing the Lord's work so I know she is in good hands. It is fun to get her letters and read her stories as well!

As I stated before, I am starting my student teaching year, like right now! Today was my first day of training, which was really just watching a bunch of powerpoints. But the first day of school is next Wednesday- which is less than a week. So crazy. My site teacher is awesome though, and our classroom is so cute! I'm excited to meet our 27 little 3rd graders! (Or however many we end up with, the number keeps changing!)

I'm also doing a triathlon (called TriathaMOM) on Saturday with my sis-in-law Liana. I'm a bit nervous because I don't think I'm all that ready, but I'll just take my time and hopefully it will still be fun! :) Another fun thing is that I dyed my hair- and I realized I still don't have a good picture of it! I will need to take one and post it later.

We did some other fun things this summer as well! I will post some pics :)


 My nephew Graham, so cute!

Last family picture before Tori left for her mission!

 The new kitchen floor, however we have a lot more done than this now. When we're all done I'll do a post with just lots of kitchen pictures!

 Pioneer Day  with the Sorensons

 We had this pool for several months- which was a lot of fun! We ended up selling it though because it costs too much time and money to upkeep and we didn't have enough time to enjoy it. Koko also tried swimming, she didn't love it ;)

 We went to the REAL game with some family to watch our niece, Kamryn play in the half time game!

 I love this picture of the two of them :)

 There was an awesome fireworks show!

 Our niece playing

 Watching the game



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!