Monday, September 3, 2012

The "Marriage Fifteen"

It is a pivotal moment when you stand on the scale after nearly ten months of marriage and realize, "Hey, I'm ten pounds heavier than I was a year ago." Talk about a big FAT reality check I had just a couple weeks ago.

Looks like I've fallen a victim to the "Marriage Fifteen"- meaning I have gained weight since I got married/engaged. This phenomenon has happened to many women I've talked to about it, but I just don't quite understand WHY it happens so often to so many women.


Could it be...

The birth control?
Having a man around the house makes it easier to eat more? (i.e. "as long as I'm eating a little less than him I'm doing fine?")
Enjoying married life so much that married couples do things such as go out to eat, cooking, snacking, etc?
Stress?
Not trying to impress other men?
A combination of these or possibly other factors as well?


Whatever it is, I'm determined to do something about it. I have started working out more often and joined My Fitness Pal, an online site and mobile app that helps you track your nutrition and fitness. I eat a 1,200 net calorie diet (1,200 + calories burned in work out) and my goal is to work out six days a week. I haven't missed a day (besides Sundays) since joining eleven days ago. I love Jillian Michael's DVD workouts. I also go to a Zumba class each week with my mom and another one with some friends. In addition, I'm considering running a 6K in October with my sister-in- law. Highly considering actually, I just have to check and make sure we don't have any conflicts. 

This is my current workout schedule (starting this week- just modified it to add running to train for the 6K - I'll have to add more running time as it gets closer):

Monday: Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs
Tuesday: Zumba and Weightlifting
Wednesday: Running 
Thursday: Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 or No More Trouble Zones (Morning), Zumba (Evening)
Friday: Jillian Michaels Kickbox Fastfix (Workouts 1 and 3 which are arms and abs)
Saturday: Running (and a JM DVD as well if there is extra time in the day)
Sunday: Rest 

Since starting this I feel so much better- mentally and physically. You'd think adding all this workout time would just add more to be stressed out about- but I think it has actually helped me be more confident in school, work, etc. I'm hoping to get into the best shape of my life! If anyone would like to join me on my fitness journey, feel free to join My Fitness Pal and add me as a friend! It is free and very helpful! Go to www.myfitnesspal.com to create an account and add me as a friend. My username is KelsLovesRando. See you there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!